Santanyí lies 56 kilometres from Palma and includes the villages of La Costa, S'Alqueria Blanca, Cala Santanyí, Calonge, Es Llombards, Cala Llombards, Son Mòger, Cala Figuera, Portopetro, Cala d'Or and Es Cap des Moro. Cap de ses Salines, the southernmost point of the island
A town located in the south of Mallorca. The nucleus emerged in the 13th century around the primitive church of Es Roser. In 1300, King James II established a Royal village where a hundred houses were expected to be built. Due to the fear of danger from the corsairs, it was decided to fortify it.&nb
A coastal inlet located between Cala d’Or and Mondragó. The limits of this natural harbour are Sa Punta de Sa Torre and Es Frontet. The Torrent d’en Barres drains into the sea here. During Islamic dominance a defensive tower was built here, to impede enemy ships from approachi
A town located in the municipality of Santanyí, in the north-east of the district between S’Alqueria Blanca, S’Horta and Cala d’Or. According to tradition this place reminded King James I of Calonge de l’Empordà and he baptized it with this name. In 1236 it
A residential nucleus located between Cala Santanyí and S’Almunia, the centre of which is a beach which is found where the Son Morlà rainwater torrent drains into the sea. The nucleus appeared at the beginning of the 60s, when Rafel Vidal Perelló, from Can Felip, built a h
A town in the municipality of Santanyí located at the foot of Puig de Consolació on the way from Santanyí to Portopetro, with a censed population of 1,152 inhabitants in 2007. Of old it used to be a country estate, until at the end of the 16th century a nucleus of population
This is a residential nucleus located 3.5 km from Ses Salines and Santanyí. It has about 17 kilometres of coastline, with the picturesque inlets of Cala en Tugores, the beach of Es Caragol, Es Màrmols, Cala Figuereta, S’Almonia and Cala Llombards. The largest country estates are
Located between Cala Figuera and Cala Llombards, in the 20s it consisted of a few houses and fishermen’s barraques (dry stone huts). Its process of urban development began in the 60s. The first tourist establishment was the bar Es Torrent. In 1961 the Cala Santanyí hotel was built.
Santanyí stone used to be embarked here. A barraca (dry stone hut) for keeping boats, built in the middle of the 19th century by the priest José Burgesa and the doctor Bernat Escales, was the first construction. ...